Thread: Hinduism, Initial concept of Shiva, Trinity...

Hybrid View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Folks

Let’s apply some logics here, where does this idea of "GOD" come in your mind? You come out of your mother’s womb and awestruck by all the creation around you, so by applying a bit of logic and you come to a conclusion that in order for the creations to exist, there must be a creator / GOD. This concept exists within your mind!

This concept does not exist for you when you are asleep, unconscious or in a coma. But you are still alive right, how ? It is that divine cosmic energy is still residing within you! This is why you should turn inwards to seek spirituality. But Majority of people seek the Creator outside using the 5 sensory organs, these organs are meant for survival and are capable detecting the physical elements only. GOD/CREATOR/COSMIC ENERGY is not physical, hence can not be understood by sensory organs!
    Pardon my ignorance. To any Buddhists or anyone who has an understanding about this religion - From my gathering the most common definition of religion is to believe in the supernatural and in Buddhism, the idea of God is non existent. However, it is mentioned Buddhists or any one for that matter can reach enlightenment via deep ascetic penchants by cutting off all materialistic desires. Can't this divine power enabling us to reach enlightenment be considered as God. Hence, can it be questioned that the idea of God in Buddhism is that "God is within each of us".

Coming back to Anbu sir's post

Quote Originally Posted by anbu_kathir
    First I must ask you here. What you do think "God" is anyway? Is it a person or something else? Without defining it, it might not be accurate to say that "God is beyond our body" or "God is within each of us".
    Just want to iterate what Paramashivan said - When we're children, we ideally think that God or Creator is beyond our body... e.g. During Ramayan it is known that Lord Rama worshiped Lord Shiva as well performing aartis for navaratri and in turn Lord Hanuman (Incarnation of Rudra) worshiped Lord Rama. So we see Gods worshiping gods in Hinduism.

My question - Hindu's suggest that Buddha is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, but Buddhists don't really abide by this and coming to the notion that as kids we see God (creator being a better word) beyond our body then surely Buddha (Siddartha Gautama) must have some where down the line considered God being beyond his body?

Again pardon my ignorance and hope I made sense. Sorry if I offended anyones sentiments.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance. To any Buddhists or anyone who has an understanding about this religion - From my gathering the most common definition of religion is to believe in the supernatural and in Buddhism, the idea of God is non existent. However, it is mentioned Buddhists or any one for that matter can reach enlightenment via deep ascetic penchants by cutting off all materialistic desires. Can't this divine power enabling us to reach enlightenment be considered as God. Hence, can it be questioned that the idea of God in Buddhism is that "God is within each of us".
    Buddhists do believe in Divinity and supernatural entities. They do have temples. Lets seek to understand one system from the basics at first. A jack of all trades is all trades is a master of none. With respect to religions and philosophies, its even worse; such a person will be a really confused person.

Love and Light.